How is a Live Cycle Delight (LCD) cycling class different from a gym cycling class?
- At LCD, we go beyond physical movement. We'll move you musically, emotionally, and maybe even spiritually. You'll depart with a newfound connection to your body and its’ ability. No matter where you position yourself on the fitness scale, you are honored and welcomed.
What class should I take if I've never taken a cycle, yoga, or a TRX class before?
- If you're just getting started or if you want to get back to the basics, you’ve come to the right place. Take any class you like—we'll make sure you get the extra attention you need to build your confidence and prepare you for the next level of instruction.
- If it’s cycle, we'll teach you how to set your bike up properly, help you with your form on the bike, and provide an introduction to the basic rhythmic moves that make a class fun and productive.
- If it’s yoga, you will be happy to know that we feature restorative yoga at our studio. The focus is on the breath, relaxation and increasing flexibility.
- If it’s TRX, the certified trainer will gauge where you are and help you reach your fitness goals.
How many calories can I expect to burn in a 45-minute cycle class?
- An average cyclist can expect to burn 500-700 calories. Calorie burn depends on several factors, including your weight and how much you put into the ride. Come take a class to find out for yourself!
If I haven't worked out in a while, how do I pace myself in class?
- Just go at your own pace. Lessen the resistance level on the bike, pedal at a rate that works for you, and opt out of any arm movements. Keep pushing yourself and you'll find that your abilities will improve with every ride.
How do I book a class?
- Go to the Classes drop-down menu, choose the day and class you'd like, then follow the prompts to reserve your space.
If I'm going to a class with friends, do we all need to book separately?
Each person must sign up for their first ride and complete a personal profile. Once you have established an account, you may, of course, show your friend a little LCD love and book a class for her/him.
Do you offer discounts if I buy more than one class at a time?
- Yes, you save money when purchasing class packages. If you are senior or college student, please inquire about our discount options in person.
Do you offer a monthly membership?
- Yes. We offer a variety of packages and membership options; one will certainly meet your needs.
- New Student Special: First-time class takers are eligible for our Introductory Special offer—5 classes for $50 (classes must be used within 30 days of purchase)
- Annual Unlimited: Unlimited classes all year; one time payment of $899 (per year)
- Automatic Unlimited Monthly: $99/month; minimum 6-month commitment, automatically renews, requires card on file
- Unlimited Monthly: $130; no commitment, does not renew
- Ask about our student (college) & senior discounts; must show valid id.
Do you offer reserved lockers?
- No. We have showers, secure cubbies for belongings, and a private changing room.
What should I wear to class?
- Something comfortable that allows you to move is best. You're going to work it, so wear lightweight clothing that keeps you cool.
- We recommend cycling shoes. Our bikes offer clip-on pedal options. They are equipped with pedals compatible with SPD shoes. We do not offer shoe cages and do not recommend riding with tennis shoes for safety reasons. You will get the most out of your workout by wearing cycling shoes. (We will soon offer them for rent.)
- For classes taking place in the TRAIN room (i.e. TRX), we ask that you wear an indoor studio shoe (shoes that have not been outside) to preserve the space.
Is there any way I can make my seat more comfortable?
- Try padded cycling shorts or a gel seat cover. The more you ride, the less you may want either.
What is the minimum age and height to take a cycle class?
- Anyone 12 years old and up can ride with us. We ask that riders be at least 4'11" to best fit on our bikes and ensure rider safety and comfort.
Do you offer a class on setting up a bike and how to ride?
- We have a friendly LCD team who will help you get set up on your bike and ensure that you have everything you need. We also offer a LOVE 101 class that is for beginners and for those who prefer a slower pace.
If I'm pregnant, can I take a class?
- We'd love to help you stay fit during your pregnancy. Please do check with your doctor and discuss his or her recommendation before you join us in a class. Also, check out our prenatal yoga classes and workshops!
Can I hang out before or after class?
- Sure! In fact, we recommend that you arrive 15 minutes prior to class to change and set up the bike.
Where do I park?
- There is free parking on Agnes, Van Dyke, and Parker, as well as in the rear of the building.
- Students can mix-and-match classes with class packages and monthly memberships
- Parents are welcome to accompany their child to yoga classes
- Water Bottle filling station to hydrate before, after and during classes.
- Fresh 101 is a shop within our studio that sells vegan snacks, filtered water, and cold-pressed juice.
- We offer complimentary hand towels for classes.
- We offer mat rentals for yoga classes at $3.
- LCD does not provide toiletries. Please BYOS (Bring Your Own Soap ☺)